AWDF is searching for an energetic, enthusiastic and passionate person for the position of Junior Finance Assistant. You must have the relevant skills, knowledge and experience to support the work of this innovative women’s rights organisation. Additionally, you must demonstrate a passion for the achievement of women’s rights in Africa and exemplify values which include integrity, discipline, innovation, solidarity, non-discrimination and respect for all people.
The African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) is a pioneering grantmaking foundation headquartered in Ghana, founded by and for African women. Since 2001 we have awarded over USD$30 million in grants to support leading women’s rights organisations and feminist movements across Africa.
As the Junior Finance Assistant, you will support the Finance Department of the organisation to achieve the overall objectives of accountability, transparency and integrity in the planning and implementation of AWDF’s work.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for the processing of transactions and accounts payable to suppliers.
- Prepare vouchers and process payments for all authorized payments due.
- File all supporting documents for every transaction for easy access and reference.
- Ensure all transactions are properly recorded and posted into the accounting software.
- Prepare and reconcile all cash books to the bank statements accurately and timely.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed periodic financial reports to stakeholders.
- Support all external and internal audits of the organisation.
- Perform other financial duties as may be assigned.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Be an active participant in the planning, implementation and reporting of all organisational activities
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Computer skills especially in excel spreadsheets and other financial accounting software.
- Excellent team spirit, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Must be self-confident and willing to learn
- Willingness and capacity to act and implement appropriately within the established finance procedures.
- Prioritize work to meet goals and objectives within the acceptable time frames.
- Handle sensitive information in an appropriate manner, including maintaining high levels of confidentiality.
- Must exhibit and practice high levels of integrity and dependability.
- Handle stressful situations with ease and composure.
- Knowledge of the SUNSYSTEMS accounting software is an advantage.
Academic Requirements: First Degree (or its equivalent) in accounting, finance, or related discipline.
Experience: Two years of relevant experience in finance and accounting in the public or private sector.
Mode of Application:
Qualified and interested candidates should send a written application (1 page) and a CV of not more than 3 pages to [email protected] indicating ‘Junior Finance Assistant’ in subject heading.
Applications should reach AWDF not later than January 31st, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for additional information and interviews.