Through out the year, AWDF invites applications from eligible African women’s organisations under its main grants programme. The areas that we fund (our thematic areas) are listed below. These frame AWDF’s current funding strategy Shaping Africa’s Future;
- Body & Health Rights
- Economic Security & Justice
- Leadership, Participation & Peace
AWDF is particularly interested in projects working with young women, women facing multiple discrimination, and approaches that include engaging the arts, culture, sports and technology.
AWDF is looking for innovative and effective projects that address the needs of and involve the women and communities most affected by inequality and injustice in the leadership and implementation of projects.
The basic qualifying criteria for applying organisations are as follows:
- Must be led by a woman and have majority of its staff and board being women
- Must be duly registered in an African country
- Must have been in existence for at least 3 years
- Must have the needed organisational structures for effective implementation of the project
- Must have an appreciable financial management system to properly account for funds received
- Must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project
- Must complete the necessary application forms
Please note that AWDF does NOT fund men-led organisations; political parties or campaigning; government agencies; individuals; scholarships; for-profit initiatives and projects aimed at religious conversion or proselytizing.
Please see below for Application forms and Guidelines:
GUIDELINE AND FORMS: