4th AFRICAN FEMINIST FORUM
Harare, Zimbabwe April 9-12, 2016
It’s finally here! AWDF is honored to be hosting the fourth regional African Feminist Forum (AFF) in Harare, Zimbabwe from 10-12 April 2016 under the theme: African Feminism: Voice, Power and Soul.
The forum will be preceded by a pre-forum of feminists from Francophone Africa, who will meet on April 9. This year, AFF is being organized in partnership with the Zimbabwe Feminist Forum and coordinated by the Zimbabwe Women’s Resource Centre and Network (ZWRCN).
Over 170 feminists from all over Africa will be attending this power charged programme which will include:
- Plenaries- to set the context, take stock and identify areas of strategic concern around politics, economics and society.
- Breakout sessions- for more in-depth strategizing on the key themes
- Skills sharing– sessions where feminists specialists train participants
- The Great Debate- a highly participatory debate on a contentious issue within feminism
- Wellness space– one-on-one and group sessions focused on physical and emotional health and wellbeing.
- Arts programming– showcasing African feminist art-activism
Each of the three days of the forum will be dedicated to Zimbabwean feminists ancestors Day 1: Chiwoniso Maraire singer, mbira player and advocate of social justice. Day 2: Award-winning writer Yvonne Vera, and Day 3: Freedom Nyamubaya, freedom-fighter, poet, dancer and farmer.
The African Feminist Forum (AFF) regional gathering brings together African feminist activists to discuss strategy, refine approaches and develop stronger networks to advance women’s rights in Africa.
For more information, please check out the relaunched African Feminist Forum website at: www.africanfeministforum.com