We focus on supporting organisations that are innovating new strategies around African womens’ economic and food security, environmental issues like agriculture, climate change, and economic justice.
These efforts may result in projects that support economic security, skills development and training, and positive legislative and policy frameworks for African women.
In turn, these organisations will seek to achieve the following goals:
- A measurable increase in women’s economic security.
- More women with entrepreneurial skills, start-up capital, micro-finance, and earning opportunities.
- Increased numbers of women with training on economic policy.
- More research papers, engagements with local and national duty bearers, and forums to ensure women’s rights are factored into economic policy issues.
- A stronger position for women to advocate for their human rights and political participation