A multi-donor challenge fund to support civil society advocacy for sexual and reproductive health and rights, AmplifyChange aims to empower young people, men and women to realise their sexual and reproductive rights.The fund is managed by a consortium that includes ManionDaniels Global Fund for Women and the African Women’s Development Fund.
Our vision is to contribute to securing universal recognition of sexual and reproductive health and rights as human rights, enabling women, men and young people to realise their full potential in safe and supportive environments.
The fund seeks the realisation of these goals by strengthening the social movement for change and providing funding support in grants to civil society organisations. By supporting civil society and community-based organisations, we strengthen the social movement for change in countries where the needs are greatest, particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. We provide grants to directly fund local civil society organisations (CSOs) that advocate for and promote better policy and action on neglected sexual and reproductive health and rights issues.
Our priorities within sexual and reproductive health and rights are:
- Addressing gender-based violence, including sexual violence and female genital mutilation (FGM)
- Addressing the causes of unsafe abortion including decriminalisation of abortion
- Challenging stigma and discrimination, attitudes and laws that undermine human rights, including on grounds of gender or sexual orientation of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) les particuliers;
- Improving sexual health of young people and girls, including comprehensive sexuality education (CSE) and addressing child and early forced marriage (CEFM)
- Increasing access to comprehensive reproductive health services for poor, vulnerable and marginalised people
AmplifyChange is collaborative initiative supported by Danida – the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, ViiV Healthcare, Norad – the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation, DFID – the UK Department for International Development and SIDA – the Swedish Agency for International Development and Cooperation (managed through RFSU);
To see how we have contributed to real change in sexual and reproductive health and rights, click here for the Amplify Change 2017 Annual Report.
Want to know more? Click here