Resumé du poste
The Knowledge Management Assistant (KMA) plays an exciting role in the Knowledge Management Unit supporting with the implementation of AWDF’s Feminist Knowledge Hub. Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Knowledge Management Specialist, to produce analysis, generate new knowledge around women’s rights in Africa, and collaborate to communicate the impact of AWDF’s work and the work of its grantees, advocacy and movement building partners. The KMA also assists with the documentation of organisational learning and knowledge generation within AWDF. The work of the KM function is conducted in English, with selected initiatives in French.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Entry-level experience in knowledge production and archiving around women’s organising
- Strong analytical, writing and editing skills are essential. Some experience of working with African women’s organisations, and some knowledge of African women’s rights issues and concerns is advantageous.
- Some experience of developing or managing information systems (for example, virtual or physical libraries or archives) and in using multiple communication and knowledge production formats (film, audio, visual/graphics) desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- High level of proficiency in MS Office required. Experience of working with WordPress, and managing social media accounts desirable.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Ability to work democratically with diverse groups and people.
- Ability to travel within Africa/ internationally essential
- Willingness to work flexible working hours, occasionally outside of regular working hours are expected