Designed by women, for women, the Equality Fund brings together philanthropists, investors and government to deliver unparalleled resources supporting gender equality outcomes in Canada and around the world.
This is a ground-breaking collaboration that combines international feminist grant-making and community foundation support with an innovative investment arm, delivering new momentum for women’s movements and supporting the advancement of gender equality globally. Specifically, The Equality Fund offers a three-part strategy:
a bold philanthropic strategy that invites governments, individuals, families, foundations, and private sector partners in Canada and beyond to build and sustain the Equality Fund;
strategic grants and support to organizations, networks and movements that are building feminist change around the world; and
an innovative gender-lens investment model that will generate social impact and financial returns to both investors and the Equality Fund.
The Equality Fund collective is made up of:
- The MATCH International Women’s Fund (The MATCH Fund)
- African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF),
- Calvert Impact Capital,
- Canadian Women’s Foundation (CWF),
- Community Foundations of Canada (CFC),
- Philanthropy for Advancing Women’s Human Rights (PAWHR),
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC),
- Toronto Foundation,
- World University Service of Canada WUSC),
- Oxfam Canada
- Yaletown Partners.