- About AWDF
The African Women’s Development Fund was established in June 2000, as an Africa-wide philanthropic, grant making initiative to support the realisation and fulfilment of African women’s rights through funding of autonomous women’s organisations on the continent. AWDF believes that if women and women’s organisations are empowered with skills, information, sustainable livelihoods, opportunities to fulfil their potential, plus the capacity and space to make transformatory choices, then we will have vibrant, healthy and inclusive communities. To achieve this, AWDF mobilises financial, human and material resources to support local, national, and regional initiatives for transformation led by African women. AWDF is mandated to fund in all 54 African countries.
AWDF’s current strategic plan “Shaping the Future” (2017-2021) focuses the organisations work around investments to build the best possible future for women in Africa. As an organisation AWDF is committed to changing the narrative around Africa women, and highlighting African women’s agency, expertise, leadership and ability to transform societies towards justice.
The African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) recognises the role effective information technology (IT) plays in the development of any business. To ensure that it has an IT infrastructure that is supportive of its current and future business activities and promotes safety of its data, AWDF is looking for an IT expert who would audit its current IT capacity and guide the organisation through modernisation of its systems and approaches.
- Purpose of the Assignment
The overall goal of the IT expert through this assignment is to;
Audit AWDF’s current IT operations, policies and procedures.
This process is aimed at understanding AWDF’s current IT strengths and weaknesses to map out where the opportunities for growth are. The IT audit will;
- Examine and evaluate the organisation’s information technology infrastructure
- Evaluate the systemsand processes in place for data security and business continuity
- Determine whether the current IT controls protect AWDF’s assets and ensure data integrity in line with the organisation’s overall goals.
- Determine risks to AWDF’s information assets, and help identify methods to minimise those risks.
- Examine whether the organisation’s informationmanagement processes are in compliance with current IT-specific laws, policies and standards.
- Determine any inefficiencies in IT systems and provide associated recommendations.
- Diagnose challenges relating to the operation of all software, computer equipment, peripherals, operating systems and the networking environment and provide relevant advice.
- Advise on way forward to protect the organisation’s data
- Submit a comprehensive report on the assignment detailing strengths, issues identified and recommendations to address weaknesses identified.
- Develop a draft IT strategy and policy for AWDF