The aim of this consultancy is to produce a report mapping women’s rights advocacy organisations, networks and coalitions in the Sahel region of Africa, the issues that they advocate on, targets of advocacy and approaches. The countries of focus are: Senegal, Mauritanie, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Northern Nigeria and Chad.
The consultant should have:
1. Expert knowledge of women’s rights advocacy, organisations and movements across the Sahel region
2. Experience in conducting mappings/action research
3. Excellent writing skills and proficiency in English essential.
4. Excellent command of French essential (for interviews and literature review as needed)
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and flexible attitude
6. Commitment to feminist and human rights principles of equality and diversity.
The assignment shall be for 12 working days including submission of final document.
Submissions must be received no later than June 6, 2019