AWDF has been in existence for the last 19 years and is documenting its herstory to share the transformative journey the organisation has gone through and its contributions towards achieving its vision.
OBJECTIVES OF THE DOCUMENTATION
The main objective of the assignment is to document the timeline of AWDF since the inception of the organisation as the first African women’s fund in 2000. This assignment includes capturing the transformative stories of the organisation and the role it played in strengthening the African women’s movement.
The documentation process is intended to focus on the journey of growth and success of AWDF from 2000 à 2019 and will serve as a reference document for all other publications.
CONSULTANT’S PROFILE AND QUALIFICATION
AWDF is seeking to engage a consultant with extensive experience in the production of similar documentation. Among other things, the consultant must have the following:
- Familiarity with the work of grant making foundations at the regional level – Africa
- Outstanding writing skills with the ability to synthesize information in coherent, succinct and compelling format
- Outstanding storyteller who will bring cohesion to the various components of the project.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of women’s rights issues, movements, and organisations
- In-depth understanding of feminist principles and its contextual considerations
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 26TH JULY 2019