Affirming the right of diverse African women and girls to full bodily integrity, autonomy and health. Supporting interventions that help prevent violence and ill health; promoting recognition of women’s ownership of their own bodies and enjoyment of full health; and responding to women’s bodily rights and health injustices and concerns. Drawing on the evidence base around what works from a feminist perspective, we will invest in growing and sharing feminist and rights-based methodologies that contribute to:
- Ending violence against women in all forms through prevention and response
- Advancing the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and girls, including on issues of sexual
- orientation, reproductive choice.
- Sustaining a focus on African women’s priorities and organising around HIV/AIDS
- Building awareness and feminist responses to the rise of non-communicable diseases (cancers anddiseases of lifestyle and nutrition)
- Growing African feminist understandings and approaches to emotional well-being and mental health
- Advancing progressive understandings and feminist movement building around gender identity and rights