Terms of Reference (TOR)
The African Women’s Development Fund is a leading feminist grantmaking foundation supporting African women’s rights organisations and movements across Africa and 5 countries in the Middle East, through grant making, institutional capacity building, advocacy and knowledge generation aimed at advancing social justice and gender equality. AWDF is headquartered in Accra, Ghana.
As part of AWDF’s mandate and grant making processes, the fund periodically puts out calls for project proposals from women’s rights organisations. These calls usually have a timeframe within which applicants are expected to send in their applications to be considered for a grant in response to that particular call. AWDF therefore tends to receive a high volume of applications during such periods.
In August 2018, AWDF is expecting to receive a high volume of applications in response to three current calls for proposals.
AWDF is therefore looking for a short-term Grants Administration support person to assist in the downloading and initial screening of the applications that are expected. This is the first phase of the grants screening process.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful applicant will have a blend of relevant background and professional experience in the following areas:
- A Bachelors’ degree or Higher National Diploma in any relevant field with preference for Women’s rights, social work, development studies, management, administration studies, or other related fields.
- At least one year’s experience working in an office environment with responsibilities involving administration and/or processing of information
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools especially Excel
- Ability to speak and write good English. French will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of and commitment to women’s rights issues
- Meticulous information processing skills and attention to detail
- Good human relations
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work in an environment of diverse cultures
- Ability to keep confidential information
Scope of Work
- The successful applicant will assist with checking and downloading emails for funding applications relating to current grant application calls
- Group applications received by funding stream and other criteria as relevant
- Ensure that all required supplementary documentations have been appropriately submitted, together with the applications.
- Respond to every application email with the appropriate acknowledgement text.
- Download applications into their appropriate folders
- Enter key information from the downloaded applications into an excel sheet.
- Prepare required basic statistics and undertake basic analysis of downloaded applications
- Undertake any other appropriate task that may be assigned
- Work closely with the AWDF Grants Administrator and Grants team members
Duration of Assignment
The assignment shall be for 2 months from day of engagement. It is anticipated that the assignment will start in early August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should please submit their cover letter and application as soon as possible by email to:
The Human Resource and Administrative Manager
African Women’s Development Fund
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted