Le Fonds Africain pour le Developpement de la Femme (AWDF) is a pioneering grant-making foundation headquartered in Accra, Ghana. AWDF was founded by and for African women. It aims to support the work of the African women’s movement for peace, equality, sustainable development and social justice. Since its founding in 2001, AWDF has continued to support a growing portfolio of grants to leading women’s rights organisations and feminist movements across Africa, while also supporting knowledge generation, capacity building, and donor advocacy around African women’s activist histories, movement resourcing needs, and more recently, feminist futures.
ME&L is a key function of AWDF’s work. It entails constant review and updating of data to reflect and accommodate changes the organisation might undergo as well as to practicing and incorporating globally accepted ME&L standards. The volume of data generated by departments on programme areas for various purposes is huge making the collation and analysis of such data time consuming. AWDF is therefore looking to engage the services of an individual with the requisite qualification and experience to assist the ME&L unit in supporting data collection, analysis and reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful applicant must have a blend of relevant background and professional experience in the following areas:
- A minimum of first degree in Statistics and Economic or any related field, and have adequate knowledge in data collection and processing
- Must be conversant and able to use statistical software like SPSS.
- Must have analytical and good communication skills
- Very organised and have strong multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Great research skills and attention to details
- Knowledge of and commitment to African women’s rights issues
- Proficiency in MS Office applications especially, MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be tech-savvy
- Working knowledge in French is an advantage
- Support reporting on International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI)
- Collate and aggregate data for publishing on IATI
- Categorise data and code key org/project details to be published in consultation with ME&L Specialist and ME&L Assistant
- To ensure that data to be published meets the IATI standards
- Collect, aggregate and analyse data periodically
- Assist in reviewing statistical instruments and data collection tools
- Assist in production of reports
- Provide support in other ME&L work in general
The external associate will be engaged with a service contract for a period of one-year renewable if necessary and based on availability of funding. The External Associate is expected to work not less than 40 hours a week (8 hours per day). Physical presence of the External Associate at AWDF office during the contract period is required.
Interested persons should please submit their application letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) latest by close of work on September 30e, 2018 by email to [email protected]and copy [email protected]with the subject “Application for ME&L Associate” while responding.
The position is based in Accra and AWDF is not responsible for relocation and related costs for potential candidates. Female applicants are preferred’
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted