Advancing African women’s political rights, building feminist leadership and amplifying activist voices and action
AWDF supports interventions that work to expand political space, sustain inclusive governance and full participation of women, including in contexts of conflict prevention, response and peace building. We focus on diversity and quality leadership and participation, and building inclusive feminist leadership for transformation.
- Advancing diverse women’s participation in governance and decision-making at all levels
- Reframing security and advocating for interventions to support women’s human security in all contexts
- Challenging the rise and impacts of religious and cultural fundamentalisms on women’s rights in communities and on the state.
- Growing individual and collective feminist leadership for social, political and economic change and justice
- Defending open operating space for women’s rights organisations and defenders