We focus on supporting organisations that provide critical community support for the prevention, treatment, and care de HIV and AIDS for women and their families.
These organisations and groups strive to protect the rights of women living with HIV and AIDS, and seek to reduce the stigma of against those living with these diseases. They encourage leadership among these people, and seek to achieve greater accountability from governments and policy makers in supporting them.
These efforts may result in projects that support HIV prevention, economic empowerment, entraînement, plaidoyer, research, and care and support.
In turn, these organisations will seek to achieve the following goals:
- Better access to prevention, treatment and care services for HIV and AIDS. This may include increasing the numbers of people who receive HIV prevention messages, care, and support.
- More strong, visible female leaders living openly with HIV and AIDS, and stronger feminist movements and advocates within these communities.
- More support groups and networks for women living with HIV.
- A higher number of women living with HIV and AIDS who have received start-up capital to expand income-earning opportunities.
- A reduction in stigma against women living with HIV and AIDS, and increased incomes for women living with these diseases.
- Greater accountability on HIV issues from governments and policy makers.