Le Fonds de Développement des Femmes Africaines (AWDF) is a pioneering grant-making foundation headquartered in Accra, Ghana. AWDF was founded by and for African women. It aims to support the work of the African women’s movement for peace, equality, sustainable development and social justice. Since its founding in 2001, AWDF has continued to support a growing portfolio of grants to leading women’s rights organisations and feminist movements across Africa, while also supporting knowledge generation, capacity building, and donor advocacy around African women’s activist histories, movement resourcing needs, and more recently, feminist futures.
AWDF requires the services of an astute, experienced, innovative, dedicated, smart and dependable Administrative Assistant, who believes in the achievement of African women’s rights. Given AWDF’s organizational mandate, female applicants are preferred.
The post holder will assist the Human Resources Manager in providing administrative and HR services to AWDF, with particular responsibility for the running of the front desk, general HR and administrative support to the organisation, and ensuring that AWDF’s operations and programmes are executed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manage the Front desk of the organisation
- Receive incoming calls and make outgoing official calls
- Ensure efficient management and monitoring of incoming and outgoing letters, documents distribution (including filing of documents where appropriate).
- Assist in logging maintenance, administrative and logistical complaints, including receiving and recording of complaints, and liaising with the relevant service provider to resolve the issue
- Assist in ensuring operation of equipment by organising preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Assist in maintaining supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Assist in procurement processes according to the organisation’s procurement policy
- Assist in maintaining electronic and hard copy filing system
- Assist in maintaining confidential records and files
- Assist in efficient minute taking and distribution
- Assist in providing administrative support during recruitment processes
- Assist in coordinating logistical arrangements for both in-house and external events according to laid down procedures. Organise information / board papers for organisational meetings.
- Assist in the renewal of permits, NGO recognition certificate, filing of annual returns and other
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager
- Bachelor degree in HR/ Administration or its equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on administrative support experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook is a must
- Knowledge of office administration and reasonable knowledge of Human Resource management
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Knowledge of and commitment to African women’s rights issues
- Fluency in French is an advantage
- Must have excellent communication (oral and written) and listening skills
- Ability to speak and interact clearly and professionally
- Ability to prioritise work and strong problem solving skills
- Good research skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work methodically, accurately, speedily and neatly.
- Must be a team player with excellent inter personal skills. Capacity to work constructively with a diverse group of people is essential.
- Experience working with an international organisation and with varied cultural awareness (preferred)
- Good analytical skills
- Extremely organised. Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Knowledge in transport bookings and arrangements is a plus.
- Proactive, with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV of not more than 3 pages by email
To [email protected] with ‘Administrative Assistant’ as the subject reference. Applications should reach AWDF no later than Août 7, 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for additional information and interviews.